AP CM YS Jaganmohan Reddy has announced Rs 50 lakh ex-gratia to the families of deceased who lost their lives in a fire mishap that took place in the wee hours of Sunday at Vijayawada’s Covid Center. Expressing his sadness over the fire mishap, CM Jagan spoke to the district administration officials and took note of the details of the accident. He told officials to provide better treatment to the injured in the accident.
The Covid center is run by Ramesh Hospitals which has hired the Hotel Swarna Palace premises for the Covid center. About 40 people including 30 Covid patients and 10 medical staff were inside during the time of the tragedy. The fire mishap took place at around 5.15 am in the morning. Officials suspected that the short circuit of power could be the reason behind the fire accident.
Meanwhile, the rescued people are being treated at nearby Labbipet and Metropolitan hospitals.