Last night, we have witnessed a low-scoring game between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Mohammed Siraj scalped three wickets by giving away just eight runs in his four overs. This is the lowest total recorded in this year’s IPL. However, there are many other records made in this match. Here is the list of them.
- Mohammed Siraj is the first bowler to bowl two maiden overs in a single IPL match. In that maiden overs, he also scalped three wickets and broke the top-order of KKR.
- RCB has bowled four maiden overs in total. This is a new record in IPL history. Two of them were bowled by Siraj, one each by Chris Morris and Washington Sunder.
- KKR’s total of 84 is the lowest score made by any team which played 20 overs in an IPL match.
- KKR played 72 dot balls in its innings. This is the second-highest dot ball tally in IPL history. The first is also by KKR, 75 dot balls, which were scored against CSK last year.
- 84 is also the non-all-out lowest score made by the team batting first in IPL.
- Siraj spell of 4-2-8-3 is the most economical spell bowled in this edition of IPL.