Gulte has been providing news and entertainment from the year 2009. The document here mentions the policies and standards that are followed for the pertinent functioning of the organization and to keep the website factual and equitable in language, conduct, and credibility.
- The mistake should be corrected if an error is committed. This included misspelled names, inaccurate figures, and other faulty text. A minute detail gets attention when writing and editing copies for content. The relevant editors, interviewees, and sources should be consulted for clarification on spelling.
- The editors should be informed of the errors, verbally or in writing after which steps should be taken to correct the mistakes. Take down, delete or edit a news report if found to contain false or inaccurate information.
- No corrective action should be taken in cases involving slander or libel until the legal opinion is solicited to protect the network against legal liability.
- Offensive, improper or distasteful words should be avoided. If local or slang words are to be used, they should be written using the closest corresponding letters of a different alphabet.
- All Gulte employees should refrain from any behavior or actions that create a personal conflict of interests within the organization.
- Members of the Gulte organization are not permitted to accept gifts of any kind outside the approval of management. Staff members should refrain from using their position for personal benefits.
- The political/ideological affiliations of Gulte.com staff shall not impact their professional duties within the organization.
- This profession consists of collective efforts and teamwork. Seniority is not a justification to ridicule any subordinate.
- The grievances should be sorted in a civilized manner and the immediate supervisor should be consulted if necessary.
Gathering Information & Privacy
- Everyone has the right to privacy. Those giving opinions or making statements should know that their opinions and statements are the ones they will be quoted for. The same goes for filming people in public places. If a private aspect of a public figure is grounds for an investigation, the civil and personal liberties of a person should be aware of, as they are protected by the law.
- When acquiring a recorded video or any other written or audio testimony whose sources are unknown, do your due diligence to try and gather more information about the source. If that is not possible, please include a disclaimer about Gulte.com for not being able to verify this footage.
- Please undertake efforts to find more than one source for any story. Quoting certain sensitive sources under anonymity ensures the safety of these people.
- Impartiality is fundamental for a story
- Fact-checking is very important. Speculation, anecdotal testimonies, and hearsay are suggested to be avoided.
- Accuracy, Transparency, and Fairness are strictly observed while writing, and verification before publishing is mandatory. Defamation should be avoided.
- Right to reply – New reports and articles should incorporate comments or versions of a person or party in respect of whom allegations are carried.