The new Telangana Secretariat is getting ready for inauguration on February 17th. The under construction building is in its final stages of completion but an unwanted incident took place in the wee hours of Friday.
According to the latest information, the wood works were going on the ground floor while the fire started. The eye witnesses say that plastic material caught fire and it spread within a few minutes. Some reports say that it was a short circuit problem that was reported on the first floor. 11 fire engines rushed to the spot and after over one hour of water flushing, the fire was brought under control.
The police say that no casualties have been reported so far while the officials are estimating the property damage.
For Telangana CM KCR, the new Telangana Secretariat has been a prestigious matter. Being built with a budget of Rs 600 crore, the swanky building will have all the latest technological amenities. Moreover KCR who believes in superstitions, is likely to take a call on its inauguration which is planned on his birthday.
In the recent past many fire mishaps have been reported in Hyderabad and for that reason, the Telangana government is planning to bring a new fire safety policy across the state.