A massive fire broke out at a Covid center in Vijayawada. 9 people have died in the fire accident. The fire mishap took place at around 5.15 am in the morning. Officials suspected that the short circuit of power could be the reason behind the fire accident.
The Covid center is managed by Ramesh Hospital which has hired the Swarna Palace premises for the Covid center. About 40 people including 30 Covid patients and 10 medical staff were stuck inside the building. Learning about the incident, fire engines and ambulances of the fire department have been rushed to the site. Fire department officials are trying to bring down the fire flames.
As the smoke engulfed, several patients were spotted screaming for help from the windows. Fire department officials have reached the spot and the rescue operations are underway. The Covid patients are being shifted to Labbipet and Metropolitan hospital’s Covid Centers. According to reports, two people’s condition is said to be critical. The reason for the fire accident is yet to be ascertained. More details are awaited.
Meanwhile, the fire accident in Vijayawada’s Swarna Palace took place just two days after a major fire accident at a Covid center at Shrey hospital in Ahmedabad that claimed 8 lives. While there were 45 patients at the time of the incident in the 50-bed Shrey hospital, the fire accident at Ahmedabad hospital took place at 3 AM. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had expressed his sadness over the fire accident in Ahmedabad.