“There is only one lab in January for COVID-19 testing (NIV, Pune) and now, testing is being done in more than 220 labs” says Prime Minister Narendra Modi, adding that India’s battle against Covid-19 is strong and on the winning side.
Adding that more discipline and lockdown will eventually help us win the battle, Modi stated that the lockdown will be extended till May 3, while some relaxations in few areas will be implemented with lots of conditions from April 20.
Asking the citizens of the country, to follow seven principles, Modi says, “You have to be with me on these seven points”. And the points include,
1) Take care of elderly people at home who already have ailments.
2) Use homemade masks and follow strict social distancing.
3) Increase your immunity, by following the guidelines given by Ayush Ministry.
4) Download the Arogya Setu mobile app to check if you have crossed paths.
5) Help the poor with their needs, give them food and essentials.
6) Don’t remove employees from jobs and show compassion towards colleagues.
7) Respect and pray for Healthcare workers, Doctors and Sanitation workers
Asking every to stay home and stay safe, Modi gave an assurance that centre and states are working together such that supply chain will not get hit, and ensured that there is no shortage of food grains or any other commodities in India.