As we know that domestic commercial flights will re-commence from 25 May, that is after a couple of days. Due to the severe spike in covid19 cases, there have been some rules and conditions issued to travel on air at the moment to avoid the spread of the novel virus. Moreover, the public is hesitant and paranoid to travel along with other people on board, ergo, these mandatory guidelines might help solve the issue.
A few restrictions have been made regarding timings, baggage, security check requirements, transport to airport and check-in facilities, which might be highly beneficial for those who are scheduled to travel on the air sooner. And they are –
- There will be thermal screening made mandatory by the government for all the passengers.
- All the travelers are supposed to download the Aarogya Setu smartphone app as this will inform the authorities whether you are coming from a highly infected zone or not. In case you don’t have Aarogya Setu, its downloading will be facilitated by airport staff right there.
- Passengers coming from a containment zone are not allowed to fly. They have to sign an undertaking declaring they are not coming from a containment zone, and that they have no symptoms of COVID.
- Talking about baggage, only one cabin bag and one check-in bag is allowed. In addition, you will be allowed to carry only a laptop bag or a ladies handbag in the flight.
- Since no food will be available on board, passengers can carry dry food items with themselves. However, do not eat inside the aircraft unless you have to either due to medical reasons. Because eating food will make you take off your mask, risking your and other people’s lives.
- According to guidelines issued by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), all passengers have to do web check-in to ensure minimal human contact at the airport.
- All the passengers are supposed to take a print-out of the baggage tag at the time of web check-in, and paste it on their baggage. If no printing is made, you can just write the ticket PNR along with their name on a piece of paper and paste it on the bag.